We are looking for support of our development team by hiring a full-time Engineer. We offer a working environment in pioneering research, innovation and application in the market.
In application-oriented research projects, we work with nature-inspired innovations and use plants and natural processes to close loops. We clean water and air, remediate soils, capture metals, among others. In these processes we integrate sensors and automatizations, that are customised and work through computerised control units. We look for a person supporting this area with hands-on skills as well as being able to programme the automatization codes.
The salary is based on the Collective Agreement Austria for extramural research (14 × per year) depending on qualifications and professional experience.
The engineer is responsible of carrying out following tasks autonomously:
- Setup of intelligent/adaptive control units (low or ultra-low power requirements)
- Setup of a customised sensor system, continuously providing water/air/soil quality parameters
- Hard- and software integration/development (including DAQ interface, data logging and cloud connectivity, remote communication and user interface)
- Setup, implementation and documentation of calibration and qualification tests
- Communication in English with partners of the EU projects
Candidates should have a proven experience and proficiency in following fields:
- Multiplatform software development
- Soft and hardware integration
- Sensor systems and data loggers
- Control/regulation interfaces
- On-site power generation (e.g. photovoltaics, thermocouples, microbial fuel cells, etc.)
- Advanced English skills (German is an advantage)
- Creative thinking, improvisation talent, solution-orientated
- Openness for innovations and strong commitment to sustainable practices and circular economy principles
- Contributing to team through communication and work ethic: maintaining professional, positive relationships and effectively communicating with team members, company personnel and project partners
- Flexibility and the readiness to travel to international project meetings
How can you apply
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents in one PDF file (max. 3MB) by e-mail to Johannes Kisser, CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org):
(1) A short cover letter describing your motivation to apply for this position
(2) Current CV including an actual photograph
(3) A short description that separately and clearly explains why you possess the skills and experiences listed above in the “Requirements” section
(4) Any additional material you may want to share
Closing date for applications is December 16th, 2019.
Job starts 2nd January 2019