We are currently searching for a motivated, experienced and driven Electronic Engineer to join our innovative project development team!
alchemia-nova GmbH, a Viennese-based Institute for research and innovation, has been focused on innovative applied plant chemistry since 2006, with the aim of closing loops and facilitating a circular economy in combination with nature-based technologies and solutions. Our nature-inspired innovations typically incorporate plants and natural processes to treat polluted air and waste-water, remediate soil, capture metals and recover nutrients.
The processes are automated through integrated sensors, switches, pumps and customised computerised control units. An opportunity has now become available within our technical development team for a hands-on and experienced electronic engineer able to support the automisation and development of project prototypes, technologies and existing products. The salary, starting from EUR 2.900,00 per month (gross, full-time, 14 x per year), is based on the Austrian collective agreement for extramural research (employment group E) and is negotiable relative to the applicant’s qualifications and professional experience.
Duties and responsibilities
The applicant will be responsible for carrying out following tasks autonomously:
- Setup of intelligent/adaptive control units (low or ultra-low power requirements)
- Setup of a customised sensor system, continuously providing water/air/soil quality parameters
- Hard- and software development/integration (including DAQ interface, data logging and cloud connectivity, remote communication and user interface)
- Setup, implementation and documentation of calibration and qualification tests
- Communication in English with partners of the EU projects.
Candidates should have a proven experience and proficiency in following fields:
- Multiplatform software development
- Soft and hardware integration
- Sensor systems and data loggers
- Control/regulation interfaces
- On-site power generation (e.g. photovoltaics, thermocouples, microbial fuel cells, etc.)
- Creative thinking, adaptable, solutions-oriented and able to improvise
- A structured, independent and precise work approach
- Openness for innovations and strong commitment to sustainable practices and circular economy principles
- Contributing to the team spirit through effective communication and projecting a positive work ethic
- Time flexibility and the readiness to travel to attend international project meetings and conferences
- Proficient verbal and written English (German is an advantage)
- European citizenship.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application documents in one PDF file (max. 3MB) by e-mail to Francesco Menconi, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) A short cover letter describing your motivation for applying for this position
(2) A current CV including an actual photograph
(3) A short description that separately and clearly explains why you believe you possess the skills and experiences listed above in the “Qualifications & Requirements” section
(4) Any additional material you may wish to share.
Applications close: January 31st 2019
Employment start date: asap